Week 5- Rachel Yerden

 



This week I have focused primarily on the development of a surgical tool for the injection of collagen into the annular defects of our microdiscectomy cases. I have attended three microdiscectomy cases this week and taken measurements during the surgeries to establish the dimensions necessary for the product we will be developing. I have spent time researching and reviewing several papers, including past Cornell patents, to learn about instrumentation that has been beneficial in the past. To ensure that we continue to collect data on these cases, I established a protocol and guide sheet for collecting measurements in future discectomies. In collaboration with the veterinary school at Cornell University, I formulated a method for transportation of human IVDs back to the Bonassar lab in Ithaca, allowing me to continue performing clinical research after my return to Ithaca. 

Also I took this cool picture of the lightning storm last Saturday:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 1 - Samantha Bratcher

Week One - Shenghao Tan