Week 4 Jess Orton
This week again consisted of office hours in the clinic, surgery in the OR, and time in the lab. Now that I've been here a bit longer, I'm starting to follow some of the same patients from pre-operation to post which has been interesting. While I have seen quite a few Botox injections and breast reduction surgeries now, I still see new procedures and surgeries each week which really speaks to the diversity and scope of the cases that the plastic and reconstructive surgery department sees. The reconstructive work is always very unique and interesting. In the lab I've been working with some patient samples that I collected from the OR. It's a bit strange to work with human samples, especially when I've seen the entire collection process. I've also been assisting some of the medical students in the lab with some of their research projects which has been enjoyable. I'm still enjoying the food and sights of the city, but I'm starting to really miss the fresh air and space back in Ithaca.
Comments
Post a Comment