Week 4 in the books - Brooke Filanoski


This week I attended office hours once again. In most cases, the suspicion is that the lesion is benign. This is after a diagnostic screening, ultrasound, and biopsy. Most patients are checking in every 6 months - 1 year. I saw several women that are postpartum and have abscesses that need to be drained. I met Dr. Newman, who is excellent with her patients and the staff.
 


Additionally, I participated in a study and received a head MRI. (Fortunately) this was my first time receiving an MRI. I was told that one can feel very claustrophobic in the MRI, so at first, I was nervous, but I found the MRI very relaxing - I actually fell asleep. There were several sequences and it lasted about 30 minutes total. I watched another student do the same. I was able to view my images afterward, nothing wrong with me! I have metal retainers in my mouth that interfered with the image. I was not able to see my facial bones but I could see my brain and I asked for a copy on a cd. 


Beyond that, I’ve continued to enjoy NYC and explore more things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 1 - Samantha Bratcher

Week One - Shenghao Tan