Week 3 Shuofei Sun

This week was eventful. Since I finished the imaging analysis project with Dr. Jonathan Weinsaft, I went to meet with Dr. Yi Wang about additional projects and surgery observation opportunities on Wednesday. Dr. Yi Wang suggested me to obtain the surgery schedule and look for procedures that I am interested in so that he could directly connect with the surgeons. Near the ORs, I came across Dr. Jason Spector and we briefly chatted about my immersion experience so far. He was willing to connect me with different surgery observation opportunities and mentioned that he had a few projects in his lab that I could potentially work on. Therefore started working with Dr. Spector and so far I was able to help solve a leaking issue of a microfluidic bioreactor and help a med student come up with a tumor-on-a-chip project plan using the bioreactor. I will also be working with another med student on developing protocols to 3D print polycaprolactone implants. 

I am glad that my experience with microfluidic devices and 3d printing is so relevant in the Spector lab, and hopefully, I can also observe more cardiac surgeries in the coming weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 1 - Samantha Bratcher

Week One - Shenghao Tan