Week 3 - Robert Hawkins

Clinical - This was a slower week for clinical activities due to the July 4th holiday and also because multiple PET scans had to be cancelled because the technician who performs them was out sick. In the next few weeks I hope to find opportunities to observe more patient-clinician interactions, especially with patients who are seeking therapies rather than being inducted into an imaging study, and I plan to coordinate with others in the cohort in order to be able to observe some neurosurgeries. 

Research - This week has been similar to the past two weeks as I have still been using R to try and find associations between vascular and Alzheimer's biomarkers in a national Alzheimer's database. The biggest challenge currently is trying to find the dictionary for each dataset that explains what each value is referring to and its units. My primary mentor, Dr. Butler, also wants me to write a review paper on neutrophil stalling in AD models, which is a phenomenon that my Ithaca lab has identified and currently investigates, so I have been searching for relevant papers that will help me with this review.

Life - This week I was able to see a lot of NYC including Chelsea market, MoMA, a rooftop bar, and the Dumbo area of Brooklyn. MoMA was very cool and has some paintings from Van Gogh and Picasso that I enjoyed! Dumbo was also really great and has much more of a downtown/neighborhood feel than other areas of NYC. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 1 - Samantha Bratcher

Week One - Shenghao Tan