Week 3 in the books - Brooke Filanoski

With the long 4th of July weekend, I took the opportunity to explore much of the city. I went to the Highline Trail, Little Island, Chelsea Market, Vessel, Battery Park, 9/11 Memorial Cite, Roosevelt Island, Times, Square, Brooklyn, and so much more. 


This week I spent time in office hours again. I’ve began looking into literature for my project. For my project, I’ll be looking at how over-screening leads to over-treatment. We’ve been trained to perceive screening as always good, but depending on the risk factors, it can cause more harm than good. Ambiguity in scans can lead to unnecessary biopsies and increased anxiety in women. There are situations where a patient can benefit from periodic surveillance, especially when a mass has static growth. I’ll be looking into how screening in the USA varies from screening across the world. 


In future weeks, I would like to dabble in noninvasive surgeries or surgeries that involved advanced technologies. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 1 - Samantha Bratcher

Week One - Shenghao Tan