BME Immersion - Fifth week 5
Day 21 - Day 25
Throughout this week I had the opportunity to attend 2 TRAUMA team meetings to discuss special cases that need further consideration. Here I learned that not all of the hundreds of risks for an operation can be discussed so that surgeons have to use both supporting documents and clinical judgment to perform any surgery on a patient. Also, I had the opportunity to see how a disagreement between two high professionals can be very insightful when dealing with complicated situations.
Further, I met with Dr. Shou to briefly discuss the direction of my project and the hospital protocol that he wants to assemble. Currently, we are waiting for ~200 MRCP/ERCP imaging patient cases to be sent to us from Eileen (Research Imaging manager). In the meantime, I am writing the background section for the protocol.
Lastly, I had the opportunity to present my preliminary work to the immersion cohort, the project focused on MRCP and ERCP in the diagnosis of Choledocholithiasis, specifically biliary obstruction.
I am very impressed by the quality of people I have met so far! I can't wait for what next week has in store for me as the immersion course comes to a close.
Comments
Post a Comment